St. Agatha Church
Church Bells in Hamilton Diocese
St. Agatha Parish will join with other parishes across the Hamilton Diocese in ringing the church bells at 9 am, 12 noon, 3 pm and 6 pm each day.
The bells are a call to prayer for God's protection against the Coronavirus. Please join us in praying an Our Father when you hear the bells.
Click on the links below for updates from the Diocese of Hamilton.
Holy Week directives in the Diocese of Hamilton in light of COVID-19
Please click on the link below for further details.
1) Chrism Mass celebrated at the Cathedral privately by the Bishop
2) No public Palm Sunday celebration - if palms are blessed, when public gatherings are allowed again, they will be made available
3 & 4) No Triduum in any parish, except in cloistered religious communities or convents with a resident chaplain
5) Holy Thursdsay Mass of the Lord's Supper may be celebrated privately by priests - no public attendance, omit foot washing, and the Blessed Sacrament is to remain in the Tabernacle
7) Sacraments of Initiation & Reception of Candidates for Full Communion postponed until further notice
8) Easter Sunday is to be celebrated by priests privately, without public attendance, the Easter Candle is to be lit & water blessed